Thursday 21 January 2010

Changing Idea

after watching some other students videos and working out the time i had to do the project in i didn't look like i would get it done in time so I've changed how im doing it slightly, its the same plot same characters but from a totally different perspective, before it started with the two main good guys and there race to the shop how im changing it so that it is from the bad guys point of view, i've also given the over all story more of a plot in doing so.

my new plot is that the bad guys have stolen a very very valuable book, and intend to use it to get money from the government or owner of said book. i've now made the character who has stolen the book and the main good guy related, the good guy is aware of what his relative is up to but is completely oblivious to the fact that his relative is aware of what he knows and that they're watching him

the storyboard opposite is basically what happens before the original storyboard, in the very last shot you can see the good guy go on the computer, that would be where my original storyboard started but having watched other openings more closely and doing my test shots i think that my original idea isn't good enough and its also difficult to keep the clips shot while having credits mixed into them

i think seeing the bad guy before the good guys makes a much better hook as well.
one of the key things to my opening is music, after watching other peoples videos one of the huge flaws is that the audio quality of dialogue is terrible. my previous idea had a lot of speech in it and i had planned on getting a separate recording thing so i could film while recording the voice from close up but i couldn't find anything suitable so by changing my idea and using music as the base Audio i can use minimal dialogue to maximum effect, the only real speech in my knew idea is during the church scene when only 20 something words are said between two people before music starts back up again and credits start again.
Our teacher said that the feedback they got from the exam board last year was that the credits weren't creative enough...so i went all out.

most of my new idea is set indoors, with no particular time of day this is so that im not restricted with time limits, i have a paper round that i do and it takes an hour by the time i get home its already dark and im busy for a lot of weekends around deadlines so by setting it in doors i can film whenever i have time. i also moved some scenes to school because i can film in school hours as well by doing that and it gives me plenty of time to edit and re-film if necessary.

Below is my rough test shots for my previous idea, i think its alright, but it just doesn't feel right to me and i don't think it flows. one of my pet peeves is when videos don't fit together very well.



No comments:

Post a Comment